Sd.Kfz.182 Kingtiger Porsche Turret w/Zimmerit
- Zimmerit is injection molded with extreme detail to accurately replicate the real vehicle
- Slide-molded muzzle brake
- Injection molded gun barrel
- Upgraded frontal MG can swivel
- Loader's hatch w/interior detail
- Finely detailed jack
- Detailed exhaust covers
- Metal tow cable with slide-molded cable heads
- Sprockets with authentic detail
- Road wheels are accurately reproduced
- Chain made by photo-etched parts
- Derrick crane with accurate detail
- Realistic pulley system
Entering production in mid-1944, the Kingtiger weighed 69.8 tons and was armed with a highly lethal 8.8cm KwK 43 L/71 gun. Fifty Kingtigers featured the so-called Porsche turret rather than the more common Henschel turret. Both turret types were manufactured by Krupp, but the Porsche turret was much more rounded in shape. All tanks with such a Porsche turret were coated in the German anti-magnetic paste known as Zimmerit. Dragon is now offering an exciting 1/35 scale plastic kit of such a Kingtiger with Porsche turret and replete with Zimmerit.
This is a 2-in-1 kit because the tank comes with something special in the box. That special addition is a three-legged crane that can be installed on the turret, and which was used for such tasks as removing the engine or transmission. The chains for the pulleys of the jib crane are made from photo-etched metal for maximum realism. Thus, modelers can depict this tank as ready for combat, or as undergoing maintenance. Of course, the hull and turret have finely crafted Zimmerit already pre-molded on, meaning that modelers donít need to engage in the long and messy process of applying the sculpted layer with putty. No one does Zimmerit better than Dragon, with the texture realistically crafted to scale. This 2-in-1 Kingtiger kit will have viewers craning their necks in fascination!