- Detailed 2-piece full hul
- Raised wood plank and grain texture on exposed surfaces
- Ornate bow and stern carvings
- 22 cannon each with separate carriages
- 6 swivel guns
- Ratline loom
- Vacuform sails
- Injection-molded railings
- Inludes nameplate & display stand
- Rigging diagrams
- Painting guide and printed paper flag sheet
- Completed model is approximately 12.4" long and 9.8" tall
The reconstitution of the "Spanish Galleon" presented by Heller was possible thanks to various historical documents from the time. Galleons were large cargo ships used by the Spanish, primarily to transport gold and other goods from South America and Mexico, during the reign of Charles Quint.
This model shows off the sumptuousness of the merchant ships: the presence of oarsmen and sufficiently powerful guns allowed most of them to slip through the traps set by enemy fleets.